1. The reconstruction of the OLD SHAPE : IMPORTANT
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†- Historical continuity
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† - Cultural meme - a common memory - important to the admirers of Notre Dame
2. The reconstruction of the OLD INNER ROOF STRUCTURE : UNNECESSARY AND MEANINGLESS
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†- Great trees would be teared down to rebuild the structure invisible from the outside (the structure did not have any symbolic meaning, it was built this way because this was the only possible solution at that time.)
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†- expensive, cumbersome operation, has no importance from a community point of view: not a meme
3. If you make a big intervention to Notre Dame, it is good to add your own personality (added value) as Viollet-le-Duc did it with the fallen hussar tower. (Making a sign of our time.)
4. Important the ecological thinking too. (renewable energy sources...)
Old exterior geometry, partly with new materials and a completely new interior: new community spaces: (sacred) museum, congregation meeting room, etc ...
+CONTEMPORARY, POETICAL ADDED VALUE:
- LEAKING OF LIGHTS (INWARDS AND OUTWARDS) / MOVING LIGHTS - true and "techno" fireflies - circling birds...
- MOVEMENT AND CREATURES becomes an integral part of the ancient buliding - new added values (soft architecture).
You can imagine the others...